Monday, November 23, 2009

Update on us

We have been soo busy and I haven't got to blog as much as I want to :(

We switchen Preston to organic 2% milk over the weekend and he LOVES it! As if there were any doubt he were a Cordell, his love of milk confirms it. I have read everywhere about weaning to whole milk so when our pedi said 2%, I was so flustered about the shots I didn't ask him why. But my smart husband said it's probably because he has acid reflux and it is lighter on his tummy. The nurse said sometimes they also recommend it for babies who are chunky (which I don't think is the case, Preston is not that big).

Preston had pizza for the first time last night at his Aunt Laura's house and he scarfed it down. He is the best eater and I am so thankful that he isn't picky. I seriously could put anything edible on his plate and it would be gone within 10 minutes. However, he also learned that our dogs anxiously await the crumbs or sometimes huge bites of food and so he likes to sweep his arm across the high chair tray and laughs when they scurry to get the food on the floor.

I have developed a huge obsession for cutting coupons. I can't get enough! I am trying to remember that I am not saving money if I buy things I normally wouldn't but I think I have done good so far. I was so excited the other night when I saved $20 bucks off my $55 purchase at Target! I follow Collin's blog http://www.hip2save.blogspot.com/ and she seriously rocks at showing you how to get the best deals and sometimes even FREE stuff. 

Preston is pretty much walking everywhere now. He barely crawls anymore :( My baby is growing up so fast! He is so stinkin cute and so much fun, I can't get enough of him! He is getting into everything and we had the whole house baby proofed with the exception of the cabinets and FINALLY this weekend Brian got all our cabinets locked up. Now we don't have to chase Preston out of the kitchen and it takes a weight off my shoulders knowing he is safer.

We are still going through the huge stack of books, clothes and toys Preston got for his birthday and I am having so much fun playing with all the new stuff he got. He loves all his push and ride on toys, he has 3 different ones and pushes them all over the house. He is such a smart little boy and it takes about 2 seconds for him to figure out something new.

Yay it is time for Thanksgiving and I am so excited to travel to OK and East TX to see our families :)

No comments:

Post a Comment