Monday, November 16, 2009

Preston's 1st birthday bash

We had Preston's 1st birthday party yesterday (during the Cowboy/Packers game I know) and it was one crazy successful birthday bash!!! We had about 55 of our family and friends over for hotdogs and other ballpark fare and to celebrate Preston's 1st year of life! Our house was packed!!! I never expected THAT many people to make it, but I am so grateful for each and every one that did :) I decorated the house in a baseball theme and had red and blue streamers and balloons all over. Brian and his dad cleaned out the garage, dropped a cable line from the attic and set up a TV so all the football fans could come celebrate Preston's birthday without missing the games. It actually worked out very well considering we had so many people there and it helped to have an extra room to split up the people.

I was so busy scurrying around trying to make sure everything was PERFECT and make sure everyone was eating and drinking and had places to sit that I really didn't get to visit enough with everyone. A few kids from Preston's daycare came and he had fun walking around and playing with them.

It was music to my ears to hear all those people singing happy birthday to my sweet baby and he loved the attention. We blew out the candle on the cake and I made a very special wish for Preston ;) Preston got to dive in to his first cake and he loved it!!! Of course his smash cake was a baseball and he pretty much ate the entire thing. After a quick bath in the sink it was time for the best part...PRESENTS!


We opened the presents, Preston sat in his daddy's lap while I opened the massive pile of presents. I think we were opening presents for about an hour and a half and I KNOW people got bored but I was opening as fast as I could! Preston is one lucky kid, he got so many cute clothes, toys, books, puzzles and more that I think we will have to add on to the house to be able to fit it all. I am so grateful for each and every person in his (our) life and just want to say a big thank you for being so sweet to him!
 
Preston was one amazingly behaved little boy, he didnt cry once and even with all the people there, he didnt get scared. He was happy go lucky the entire time and after sleeping from 9pm to 10:30am and then from 12pm to 3pm, he was well rested! I was so proud that everything went as planned, with the exception of the cake drama (a big thanks to my hubby for driving 150 miles to pick up Preston's birthday cake <3).
 
Happy 1st Birthday Preston Scott :)

No comments:

Post a Comment